The West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) for private students also referred to as WAEC GCE has been released for the 2019 candidates.
The West African Senior School Certificate Examination for private candidates, 2019 – First Series – has been released as announced by the Head of the Nigeria National Office Olu Adenipekun during a public hearing on Tuesday, 5th March, 2019 at the WAEC National Office in Yaba, Lagos.
WAEC GCE Statistics
According to the report, about 12,202 candidates registered for the WAEC GCE exam out of which 11,892 candidates sat for the examination.
Interm of performance, a total of 3,102 candidates, representing 26.08 per cent, obtained credit and above in a minimum of five subjects including English Language and General Mathematics
How to Check WAEC GCE Result
To check the 2019 WAEC GCE Result, go to the website @ https://www.waecdirect.org/
When you are on the page;
- Enter your 10-digit WAEC Examination Number. (This is your 7-Digit centre number followed by your 3-digit candidate number eg. 4123456789)
- Enter the 4 digits of your Examination Year (ex. 2019)
- Select the Type of Examination i.e. PRIVATE CANDIDATE RESULT
- Enter the Card Serial Number found on the reverse side of your Scratch card.
- Enter the Personal Identification Number (PIN) on your Scratch card
- Click Submit and wait for the results window to come up
How to Check WAEC GCE Result via SMS
Do you know you can also check your WAEC GCE results via SMS? you can do that by using the short code format below:
Send WAEC*ExamNo*PIN*ExamYear To shortcode: 32327 (MTN, Airtel & Glo subscribers)
Note: To make this successful, you have to adhere strictly to the format above. There should be no space in the message.
Wait for your result to be delivered to your phone via SMS. (SMS Cost N30 Only)
Hint: you can only use your result checker 5 times, so be guided!