Do you want to apply for Direct Entry with a Lower Credit grade on your National Diploma (ND)/Higher National Diploma (HND) certificates? Most universities admit only candidates with Upper Credit, however, candidates with Lower Credit can still approach some universities to be considered for admission.
Those with lower credit HND have nothing to worry about as it is accepted by most Nigeria universities that admit via Direct Entry. But applicants with lower credit in National Diploma (ND) is only considered by a few universities. Therefore, we have compiled the list of Nigerian Universities that accept Lower Credit for direct entry based on the admission requirements recorded in JAMB Brochure.
Nigerian Universities that Accept Lower Credit For Direct Entry (2019)
Those who have been asking; Which University in Nigeria accept lower credit for direct entry? Here is the updated list.
- All private universities – (Some courses requires upper credit only, please confirm before applying)
- Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University formerly Anambra State University (ANSU)
- University of Calabar (UNICAL)
- University of Maiduguri (UNIMAID)
- Niger Delta University, NDU, Wilberforce
- Enugu State University of Science and Technology, ESUT
- Nasarawa State University (NSUK), Keffi
- University of Jos, (UNIJOS)
- Umaru Musa Yar’Adua University, UMYU
- Federal University of Technology, Minna, FUTMINNA
- Usman Dan Fodio University Sokoto (UDUSOK)
- Ekiti State University (EKSU), Ado-Ekiti
- University of Nigeria Nsukka (UNN)
- Osun State University (UNIOSUN)
- Ahmadu Bello University (ABU)
- University of Ilorin, UNILORIN (accepts lower credit in history and performer art)
Finally, ensure you check JAMB Brochure to confirm whether you can apply for a course with Lower credit in ND. Some others schools that accept lower credit may not be listed here. (above).