Advertisement of the B.Sc. Agricultural extension and community development degree in the 2012/2013 Academic session.
This article publish here is officially published on Unilorin website and it is therefore the property of the school (University of ilorin). We (freebrowsinglink.com) are republishing it here for the benefit of all interested candidates who want to apply for the programme, you can access the content on Unilorin official portal by Clicking Here./Disclaimer/
The University of Ilorin(UNILORIN) welcomes application from candidates seeking admission into the new B.Sc. Agricultural Extension and Community Development degree in the Faculty of Agriculture, University of Ilorin for the 2012/2013 Academic session.
Requirements for admission:
1. At least 5 O-level WAEC, SSCE, GCE, Credits in not more than two sittings in the following subjects: English Language, Mathematics, and any other three from Biology or Agriculture, Chemistry, Physics, Geography, Economics, Food & Nutrition and Home Management.
2. A Higher National Diploma (HND or equivalent) in Agriculture or related field of study with a minimum of lower credit from a recognized institution. The related fields include HND Animal Husbandry, Agricultural Extension and Rural Sociology, Agricultural Economics and Farm Management, Food Science, Home Economics, Fishery, Forestry and Wildlife, etc;
3. Candidates must have worked for at least three years and have been distinguished as a field extension professional as assessed by his/her employer(s).
4. In addition, JAMB Direct Entry form would have to be paid for by the Candidates. The process is being worked out with JAMB.
The main objectives of the programme are to:
1. train mid-career extension and rural development professionals in specialized technical areas along the entire agricultural value chain;
2. improve the effectiveness of grassroots extension and community development professionals involved in the development programmes in Nigeria; and
3. upgrade the academic and professional qualifications of extension and community development professionals by equipping them with up-to-date theoretical and practical knowledge applicable in the field.
Nature of the Degree Programme
The mid-career Extension and Community Development professionals are to be exposed to the issues involvedin value addition to agricultural products. These candidates are expected to possess Higher National Diploma (HND), in addition to the O’ level requirements. The Programme is a six Semester Programme. The students will be expected to specialize in any of the value addition options in their 500 level. This final year activity is the Supervised Enterprises Projects (SEPs), which covers both the long holiday and Rain Semester.
The programme is approved by the National Universities Commission (NUC).
Application forms can be obtained online at the University of Ilorin website (www.unilorin.edu.ng) after the payment of a non-refundable fee of Ten thousand Naira (N10,000.00) only and as instructed in the website. The application closes in two weeks from the date of this advert.
The Registration ends on the 15th March, 2013!
To Apply Now CLICK HERE
Olufolake O. OYEYEMI (Mrs.)
Please share this info with our facebook/twitter friends by hitting the like buttons.