University of Benin Teaching Hospital Institute Of Health Technology (UBTH) Admission Into Health Technology for 2016/2017 Academic Session has commenced.
Interested and suitably qualified candidates are invited for admission into the UBTH Institute of Health Technology (IHT), Benin City for the 2016/17 session in the following courses.
UBTH Institution of Health Tech. Programs
- Environmental Health Technology (WAHEB) Courses. Duration: Two years, ND and Two years, HND
- Anaesthetic Technicians; Duration: Three years
- Plaster Technicians; Duration: Three years
- Dental Surgery Technicians; Duration: Three years
- Occupational Therapy Technicians; Duration: Three years
- Dispensing Optics; Duration: Three years
- Medical Image Processing Technicians; Course Duration: Three years
- Biomedical Engineering Technology (ND); Course Duration: Two years
- Emergency Med Technologists (Paramedics) (ND); Duration: Two years
- Public Health Nursing Officers Course (HND); Duration: Two years
1. Interested applicants should possess a minimum of five(5) credit passes in not more than two (2) sittings in the WASCE/NECO/GCE O/L subjects which should include the follow;
* English Language,
* Physics and
Subjects obtained with NABTEB are acceptable for programmes 1, 2, 3, 4, 8 and 9.
2. Health Science is acceptable for EMT and Environmental Health Technology courses.
3. Candidates seeking admission to UBTH Public Health Nursing Course will in addition be expected to meet the following requirements/qualification:
(a) Registered Nurse (RN) certificate
(b) Registered Midwife (RM) or Psychiatric Nursing Certificate with one (1) year post qualification experience.
(c) Candidates with Bachelor of Nursing Science (BN.Sc) degree would start at HND II (Final year)
4. For candidates seeking admission to Biomedical Engineering Technology course, a pass in any of the following subjects will be an added advantage, Wood Works, Auto-Mechanics, Basic Electricity, Technical Drawing, Economics and Fine Art.
Method of Application
The UBTH Institution of Health Technology Admission forms are obtainable at the Office of the Principal, Institute of Health Technology, UBTH, Benin City at a fee of N5,500.00 (Five thousand, five hundred naira).
All payments for purchase of application forms should be made using the REMITA Platform with Account name; “Training Schools” in any bank in Nigeria.
Submission of UBTH Application forms
Applicants who have completed the application forms should submit it at the Office of the Principal, Institute of Health Technology, UBTH on or before Friday, 29th July 2016.
UBTH Health Technology Entrance Examination Date
All the candidates should take note that the entrance examination to the various programmes has been scheduled to hold on Saturday, 6th August, 2016 at 9:00 AM at the Institute of Health Technology Complex, UBTH, Benin City.
Please share this news with your friends on twitter and Facebook.