The Management of the Delta State Polytechnic Otefe-Oghara (DESPO), Delta State has hereby announced that the application form for Weekend National Diploma (ND) and Higher National Diploma (HND) programmes known as SPAT is now on sales for the 2021/2022 academic session.
Application is requested from suitable and qualified candidates for admission into the 2021/2022 academic session for its weekend Higher National Diploma (HND) and national diploma(ND) programmes.
The DESPO weekend/SPAT courses comprise of a variety of programmes and courses for candidates to choose from. Although some courses are only available for the National Diploma (ND) and vice versa.
It is a quite important to note that not all full-time programmes are available for Delta state polytechnic (DESPO), Otefe-Ogbara weekend ND& HND programmes(SPAT) admission exercises.
Below is the list of the weekend programmes available:
Delta State Polytechnic (DESPO) Otefe-Ogbara weekend/SPAT courses for ND only
- Mass Communication
- Science laboratory technology (SLT)
List of DESPO weekend/SPAT Courses for HND only
- Physics Electronics
DESPO Otefe-Ogbara weekend/SPAT courses for both ND/HND
- Banking and Finance
- Computer science
- Business Administration and Management
- Computer engineering technology
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
The application is now open for interested candidates. But before application, candidates should be sure they have met the admission criteria or admission minimum requirement expected.
Below is the list of Minimum entry requirements for Delta state Polytechnic weekend/SPAT courses for the 2021/2022 academic session
DESPO Weekend/SPAT Programme Admission Minimum Requirements
For National diploma programmes, the minimum entry requirements are:
- SSCE/GCE ordinary level result or its equivalent with 5 credits passes; including Mathematics and English plus other relevant subjects depending on the choice of courses in not more than 2 sittings.
- Sufficient score at the just concluded 2021 Unified tertiary matriculation examination(UTME) for the year. This is usually conducted by the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) annually.
For Higher Diploma programmes.
A National Diploma (ND) certificate from a reputable and recognized polytechnic accredited by NTBE is acceptable for a Higher National Diploma (HND) programme, plus basic requirements for the ND programme. Work (Post Qualification) experience of at least 2 years is needed for a candidate with a pass in their National Diploma results.
How to Obtain Delta State Polytechnic Otefe-Oghara Weekend Admission Form
Visit the polytechnic official portal at http://portal.ogharapoly.edu.ng/application/admissionapplicationform
- And fill the online application form on the portal with the required and needed information. Click on submit after filling the application form
- Ensure to print at least two (2) copies of your online application acknowledgment form to complete your online application process.
DESPO Weekend SPAT Screening Date:
Applicants for the National Diploma (ND) and Higher National Diploma (HND) Programmes shall be screened at a later date.
Note: Before the application closing date, Applicants should Ensure a copy of their Online application form has been submitted to the Admission office of DESPO alongside the following documents
- O’ level results (WAEC, NECO, GCE, or NABTEB)
- Local government origin certificate
- Birth certificate or affidavit
- Receipt of the application form.
COVID-19 SCREENING EXCERCISE.
The COVID-19 screening exercise will be conducted for candidates at the polytechnic premises. Candidates should ensure they come with their nose masks as defaulters will not be allowed into the polytechnic premises. Covid-19 rules, regulations, and protocols should be strictly adhered to by the candidates.
There will be provisions of washing hand basins and hand sanitizers for washing of hands within the school premises and screening halls
We wish you success in your academic pursuit.
Read Also: Oghara Polytechnic Part-Time Admission Form.