LATEST report reaching us has it that about eight(8) operators of illegal Universities in Nigeria, which have been closed, are being prosecuted, the National Universities Commission (NUC) told newsmen.
The illegal universities were published in the NUC’s weekly bulletin and made available on Wednesday, 24th September, in Abuja.
Update: Names of 58 illegal Universities in Nigeria (2018)
The publication, signed by NUC’s Executive Secretary, Prof. Julius Okojie, The illegal Universities are;
* National University of Nigeria, Keffi,
* Nasarawa State and North Central University, Otukpo, Benue State.
* Volta University College, Aba, Abia State
* All the illegal satellite campuses of Ambrose Alli University.
* Christ Alive Christian Seminary and University, Enugu;
* Richmond Open University, Arochukwu; Abia State;
* West Coast University, Umuahia; and
* Saint Clements University, Iyin Ekiti, Ekiti State.
“ In addition to the closure, the following `Degree Mills’ are currently undergoing court actions; the purpose of these actions is to prosecute the proprietors and recover illegal fees and charges on subscribers.
“For the avoidance of doubt, anybody who patronises or obtains any certificate from any of these illegal institutions does so at his or her own risk.
“Certificates obtained from these sources will not be recognized for the purposes of NYSC, employment and further studies.’’
The bulletin also listed 55 illegal universities which had not been licensed and were closed down for violating the Education Act of 2004.
NAN recalls that NUC recently handed over two alleged fake professors to the police for prosecution.
Please share this info, help save someone from getting admission into this illegal universities.
Leave a Comment