Breaking! The Following 38 Nigerian Universities has increase their tuition fees. According to ASUU, Buhari’s govt has made them poorer.
About 38 Universities in Nigeria have increased their school fees as a result of poor funding by the Federal and State governments. The Chairman of the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU), University of Ibadan Chapter, Dr. Deji Omole, made this known in a statement made available to newsmen in Abuja on Monday, 26th June, 2017.
List of Nigerian Universities That has Increase their School Fees
- University of Lagos, UNILAG N14,500 to N63,500
- Ahmadu Bello University, ABU N27,000 to N41,000
- University of Nigeria Nsukka, UNN N60,450 to N66,950
- Obafemi Awolowo University, OAU N19,700 to N57,700
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University, UNIZIK N20,100 to N65,920
- Bayero University Kano, BUK N26,000 to N40,000
- University of Abuja, UNIABUJA N39,300 to N42,300
- Usmanu Danfodiyo University, Sokoto, UDUSOK N32,000 to N43,000
- National Open University of Nigeria, NOUN N36,000 to N41,000
- University of Benin, UNIBEN N12,000 to N49,500
- University of ilorin, UNILORIN N16,000 to N75,500
- Federal University of Technology, Akure, FUTA N13,560 to
N83,940, NOT INCREASED – See Below
- Federal University of Technology, Minna, FUTMINNA N20,000 to N37,000
- Federal University of Agriculture Abeokuta, FUNAAB N18,250 to N33,000
- University of Calabar, UNICAL N30,500 to N42,750
- University of Uyo, UNIUYO N71,000 to N84,250
- Federal College of Education, (Technical) Akoka, FCET N16,000 to N40,000
- Osun State University, UNIOSUN N95,000 to N135,500
- Anambra State University, ANSU N76,000 to N139,000
- Lagos State University, LASU N96,750 to N158,250
- Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University, IBBU N25000 to N52,000
- Imo State University, IMSU N120,000 to N150,000
- Plateau State University N50,000 to N100,000
- Moshood Abiola Polytechnic, MAPOLY N57,000 to N75,000
- Ibadan Polytechnic N30,000 to N50,000
- Abia State Polytechnic N56,550 to N61,000
- Auchi Polytechnic N14,800 to N28,000
- Ondo State University of Science and Technology, Okitipupa N70,000 to N80,000
- Enugu State University of Science and Technology, ESUT N104,900 to N124,900
- Kwara Polytechnic, Ilorin, KWARAPOLY N28,000 to N44,000
- Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, LAUTECH N65,000 to N72,500
- Tai Solarin University of Education, TASUED N66,500 to N76,500
- Afe Babalola University N675,000 to N1,075,000
- Igbinedion University N540,000 to N820,000
- Crawford University N400,000 to N600,000
- Redeemers University N545,000 to N605,000
- Covenant University N774,500 to N814,500
- Benson Idahosa University N284,300 to N1,150,000.00
See complete list of Nigerian Universities and their school fees.
Update: FUTA HAS NOT INCREASED FEES FOR STUDENTS
The attention of the Federal University of Technology, Akure, FUTA has been drawn to reports in some national newspapers claiming that fees payable by students have been increased to N83,340.00.
For the avoidance of doubt no such decision has been taken at any level in the University. The fees payable by students remain what they were before the erroneous report.
The Vice-Chancellor, Professor Joseph Fuwape has therefore urged students, parents the University community and other stakeholders to disregard the report. He has also assured the students that their welfare and well being remain one of the cardinal agenda of his administration.
Please click on the twitter and Facebook like buttons to share this info with your friends.
Leave a Comment