ADS: Gain admission into 200 level in any university of your choice with ease. Admission Is 100% Guaranteed. No Jamb | Low Fees
London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine Full Masters Scholarship for Developing Countries 2017/2018
The Jeroen Ensink Memorial scholarship is offered to students from sub-Saharan Africa and South Asia who are committed to improving public health in developing countries and wish to undertake the MSc Public Health for Development course.
Application Deadline: 17.00 (GMT) Sunday 2nd April 2017.
To be taken at (country): UK
Eligibility: To be eligible for a scholarship under this fund, applicants must:
- Preference will be given to those applicants with experience and/or interest in the area of water, sanitation, hygiene and public health.
- be a citizen of one of the following sub-Saharan African or South Asian countries: Afghanistan, Angola, Bangladesh, Benin, Botswana, Bhutan, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Republic of Congo, Democratic Republic of Congo, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Ethiopia, Eritrea, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, India, Ivory Coast, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Maldives, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Nepal, Niger, Nigeria, Pakistan, Rwanda, São Tomé and Príncipe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Sudan, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
- have been accepted onto the 2017/2018 MSc Public Health for Development course and
- Applicants must meet the School’s minimum English Language Proficiency Requirements if shortlisted for this funding.
Selection Criteria: The MSc Public Health for Development Course Directors will assess all applications for suitability for the course. Successful applications (i.e. those with applications who will be made an offer of admission) will be considered for the Scholarship.
The short-listing and final selection will be made by a committee. If deemed necessary, the committee may request a short telephone interview with prospective candidates as part of the selection process.
All decisions taken by the committee will be final and there is no provision for appeal. The successful applicant and short-listed reserve candidates will be notified of the decision by 1st of June 2017.
Number of Awardees: One
Value of Scholarship: A full scholarship covers
- full-time overseas tuition fees for 2017/2018 (including the mandatory field trip fee) and
- flights from the student’s home country to the United Kingdom and return on expiry of the scholarship (to be booked by the Scholarships team in Registry)
- tax free stipend (living allowance) of GBP 16,500.00.
Duration of Scholarship: 1 year.
Please click on the twitter/Facebook like buttons to share this info with your friends.