Lautech Job Vacancies
This article is originally published on Lautech official website, we are re-publishing it here for the benefit of all interested applicants who want to apply. Please do share this with our facebook and twitter friends by hitting the like buttons below/above this post.
The Ladoke Akintola University of Technology (LAUTECH), Ogbomosho, is currently recruiting qualified candidates to fill the following Academic job vacancies in the underlisted faculty of the University;
2. Lecturer I
3. Lecturer II
4. Assistant Lecturer
1.) Agricultural Sciences
* Department of Agricultural Economics
* Department of Animal Production and Health
* Department of Animal Nutrition and Biotechnology
* Department of Agricultural Extension and Rural Development
* Department of Crop Production and Soil Science
* Department of Crop and Environmental Protection
2.) Basic Medical Sciences
* Department of Anatomy
* Department of Biochemistry
* Department of Physiology
* Department of Haematology
* Department of Chemical Pathology
* Department of Microbiology and Parasitology
* Department of Morbid Anatomy and Histopathology
* Department of Pharmacology & Therapeutics
* Department of Biomedical Sciences
3.) Clinical Sciences
* Department of Anaesthesia
* Department of Community Medicine
* Department of Medicine
* Department of Nursing
* Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology
* Department of Paediatrics and Child Health
4.) Engineering andTechnology
* Department of Chemical Engineering
* Department of Agricultural Engineering
* Department of Civil Engineering
* Department of Computer Science and Engineering
* Department of Electronic and Electrical Engineering
* Department of Food Science and Engineering
* Department of Mechanical Engineering
5.) Environmental Sciences
* Department of Architecture
* Department of Fine and Applied Arts
* Department of Urban and Regional Planning
* Department of Surveying and Geo-informatics
* Department of Building Technology
* Department of Estate Management
6.) Pure and Applied Sciences
* Department of Pure and Applied Biology
* Department of Pure and Applied Chemistry
* Department of Pure and Applied Physics
* Department of Pure and Applied Mathematics
* Department of Earth Sciences
* Department of General Studies
* Department of Science Laboratory Technology
* Department of Statistics
7.) Management Sciences
* Department of Management and Accounting
* Department of Transport
Professor (Salary: CONUASS 07)
Candidate should possess:
* adequate experience including, where applicable, relevant professional competence
* very outstanding research evidenced by substantial and scholarly publications;
* evidence of leadership in research and postgraduate supervision;
* service to the University and community Note: The status of a Professor will normally be conferred on the basis of a clearly recognized achievement or distinction in an academic field, administrative experience will be an advantage.
Lecturer I (Salary: CONUASS 04)
* possess a minimum of Ph.D in the relevant fields/Fellowship in Community Health from National Postgraduate Medical College/West African College of Physicians/West African College of Surgeons (FWACS).
* have a minimum of 6 years cognate experience
* possess a recognized professional registration
Lecturer II (Salary:CONUASS 03)
* possess a minimum of Master’s degree with Ph.D grade, and must have professional registration in the relevant field with 3-year experienceor Ph.D in the relevant field.
* apart from teaching and research works, candidate with Master’s degreemust qualify for a Ph.D programme.
Assistant Lecturer(Salary: CONUASS 02)
* possess a good Master’s degree in the relevant field from a recognized University
* apart from teaching and research works, must qualify for a Ph. D programme
Dept of Medicine
Areas of specialization: Nephrology, Chest Medicine, Endocrinology, Cardiology, Dermatology, Infection Diseases, Pheumatology
Dept of Urban andRegional Planning
Preference will be given to specialization relating to Environmental Management, Climatology, Remote sensing and Geo-Informatics
Dept of Fine and Applied Arts
Lecturer II/Assistant Lectureship Position
* BA and M. Tech degrees in Applied Arts (Ceramic and Glass) with evidence of on-going doctoral studies in Ceramic and Glass
* B.Tech Fine and Applied Arts and Master’s degreein relevant area of Fine Art is also required for candidates for Drawing.
Faculty of Engineering and Technology
* Candidates for Assistant Lecturerposition in Chemical Engineering must possess evidence of commencement of Ph.D degree programme in Chemical Engineering, specializing in Polymer Engineering.
Dept of Animal Production and Health
* Candidates applying for Assistant Lecturerpositions in Animal Production and Health are required to specialize in the following areas: Reproductive Physiology, Pasture Production, Breeding and Genetics, Aquaculture
Dept of Animal Nutrition and Biotechnology
* Candidates for Lecturer II positionmust possess Ph.D in Animal Product Technology or Feed Technology.
* Candidates for all the positions must be registrable with NIAS.
Dept of Crop and Environmental Protection
* Candidates for Assistant Lecturerposition should have specialty in Weed Ecology, Plant Pathology, Entomology/Vertebrate Toxicology, and Apicultural Technology.
* Candidates for Lecturer II positionshould have specialty in Plant Virology, Environmental Toxicology, Environmental Health and Safety,Environmental Chemistry.
* Membership of relevant professional bodiesis also required in addition to the basic academic qualifications.
* Appointment is normally on probation which may be confirmed after two years of satisfactory service. The post is pensionable.
* Please note that computer literacy and NYSC discharge Certificate/Certificate of Exemption are mandatory.
Applicants should view the Job Positions, Salaries and CV format Click here .
All applications supported with detailed Curriculum Vitae and photocopies of credentials should be submitted in 10 copies addressed to:
The Ag. Registrar,
Ladoke Akintola University of Technology,
Application Deadline Date
Closes by 28th February, 2013.