ADS: Gain admission into 200 level in any university of your choice with ease. Admission Is 100% Guaranteed. No Jamb | Low Fees
Information reaching us is that Comrade Shaibu who is popularly known as Ebije, was the SUG president of Kogi State University KSU CHAPTER. He was impeached after delibration of the parliament on Wednesday, 27th June, 2012.
This impeachment was endorsed by the Right Honourable Ukwuteno Benson the Speaker of the parliament with two-third of the senators on sit.
He was impeached based on 8 count charges which include:
– Misappropriation of union funds,
– indiscrimate withdrawal of funds from the union account,
– privatization of union properties,
– refusal to appear before the parliament,
– threats to life and security of the members of his government,
– unaccountable for an estimated sum of 6million naira, absonding from official duties for approximately 3months and gross misconduct.
The Vice President Raliat was sworn in after 48hours of impeachment by the CJ Tashilani Alagani.
Though the ex-president still awaits trial and refund of union properties and handing over, he still parades himself as the president.
This act has made a history in the round SUG of the school, a precedence and legacy never to be forgotten. This is true DEMOCRACY. The question now is; if found guilty what will be his punishment?
Life Imprisonment? Death by hanging? 10 years imprisonment with hard labour? We will await the results.
Follow Us On Facebook to get the Latest update @ Freebrowsing-Facebook Fans