JAMB cancels Results of 60,000 UTME Candidates over Exam Malpractice

Gain admission into 200Level through IJMB A/Level program. 2019/20 forms now on sale. Call 08065101775

Latest information reaching us here at nigeriaschool.com.ng has it that The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board, JAMB,  has now officially cancelled the awaiting results of 62,140 candidates over examination malpractices. Prof. Is-haq Oloyede, who is the current JAMB’s Registrar made the disclosure on Wednesday, 14th June, 2017 in Abuja at a news conference at the end of an enlarged meeting with external examiners and other stakeholders in the conduct of the 2017 UTME.

JAMB cancels Results for 60,00 UTME Candidates over Exam Malpractice

According to Prof. Oloyede, 1,386 candidates have their results cancelled over examination malpractice; while, 57,646 results were also affected as a result of centres-induced malpractices while the results of 666 candidates were cancelled due to multiple examinations. (666 is a dangerous number!)

Update: JAMB orders over 60,000 candidates to Rewrite UMTE

According to the report, some affected candidates may be given a second chance to seat for a supplementary UTME, according to Oloyede, especially for those deemed innocent of centre-induced exam cheating.

The JAMB Supplementary examination has been scheduled to hold on Saturday 1st of July, 2017. Mostly for candidates who registered late for this year’s UTME. Jamb Registrar also added that some of the candidates whose results were cancelled, would also take part in the rescheduled exam.

The category of Candidates whose results were cancelled to take part in the rescheduled examination include;

  • Candidates of centres with mass malpractices,
  • biometric non-verification machine related issues.
  • Technical and log out issues
  • late registration,
  • incomplete results and
  • candidates who lost examination sessions due to malfunctioning of servers at the affected centre.

Professor Oloyede said the decision to allow the candidates to re-sit for the examination was reached after a thorough review of all the reports that emanated from their centres.

Oloyede announced the blacklisting of 48 CBT centres found culpable of aiding cheating. He said another 24 CBT centres had been suspended for one year for failing to live up to expectations.

“The (24 CBT) centres will not participate in the 2018 UTME, but they can be reconsidered for 2019 and above.

Please click on the Twitter/Facebook like buttons to share this info with your friends.

 

13 Comments

Leave a Comment

Shares