The latest report reaching us reveals that the Registrar and Chief Executive, Prof. Dibu Ojerinde while briefing journalists on Tuesday, 8th April, 2014, said that there is a decrease in the number of applicants in the JAMB 2014 UTME applications. And he attributed this to the present security challenge in Nigeria.
According to Prof. Dibu, the number of candidates coming from the north-east is relatively lower than last year and this has contributed to lesser candidates this year compared to last year(2013).
The figure for the 2014 UTME shows a decrease of 129,139 when compared with last year’s total figure of 1,735,892.
He said that the board is fully aware of the security challenge in the country and has made adequate security arrangements for the affected areas and said that the candidates in such area may have no option but to use the CBT if the security challenge becomes worse or severe.
He went further to state that this year’s jamb examination will be in three modes namely: Computer based test (CBT), Dual Based Test (DBT) and Paper Pencil Test ((PPT).
Statistics of Jamb candidates who applied for CBT, PPT and DBT.
According to the board, a total of 990,179 candidates applied for the PPT (paper pencil test), while 25,325 candidates applied for the DBT (Dual based test) and 616,574 candidates applied for the CBT, (Computer-baed-test) bringing the grand total of applicants who applied for Jamb-UTME 2014 to 1,606,753.
PPT and DBT is schedule to hold on Saturday, 12th April, 2014 while CBT will commence from Saturday, 17th May, 2014.
Please share this information with our friends on twitter and Facebook. Like us on Facebook for more latest news.