This post will guide you on how to retrieve your NIN number by following a few simple steps.
Your NIN number is given to you by the National Identity Management Commission (NIMC) during the Nigerian National ID card application.
NIMC provides this service on behalf of the Nigerian government, and the number can be retrieved whenever you need it. You don’t need to panic or take the hassle of visiting the NIMC office in your area if you lose access to your NIN number.
You might want to retrieve it when you need to get a new passport, open a bank account, apply for a job, or even link it to your new sim card.
is used to identify individuals; It is an 11-digit number assigned to all Nigerians who apply for a National ID card. It is a key identification component designed to be used at all levels of government and financial institutions. Even if you have lost your slip, you can retrieve the NIN number printed on that slip by following simple steps.
You should be able to check your NIN number at no extra cost; you just need to use your mobile phone. If you still don’t have access to the phone number used during registration, you can still find a way to get your NIN number.
How To Check And Retrieve Your NIN Number Using USSD Shortcode
It’s straightforward with this method, provided that you’re using the phone number that is registered on your NIMC account during registration. Here are the steps to retrieve your NIN number on any mobile network;
- All you have to do is dial *346# on your phone.
- This code can be sent from any mobile network, including MTN, Glo, Airtel, and 9Mobile. They all support this service, giving you access to check and retrieve your NIN number.
- If your phone number is registered, you should see the option “NIN Retrieval” from the options displayed on the screen. It should be the first option, and you need to dial 1 in order to select this option to proceed.
- Your NIN number will now be displayed on the screen so that you can copy it. You should save your NIN privately because it’s an important number you don’t want to fall into the hands of the wrong people.
- You should know that this service costs #20; you should make sure that you have enough recharge balance before sending the code above.
How To Check And Retrieve NIN Without A Phone Number
If you don’t have the phone number used during registration, you must visit the NIMC enrollment center with your details so that they can retrieve the NIN number for you or print a new slip for you.
How To Reprint Your NIN Slip
If you want to print your NIN slip again, NIMC offers the provision to do that. Here are the steps to do that;
- You must pay #500 Naira before printing your NIN slip.
- You should visit any back close to you and make a payment of #500 Naira through REMITA.
- After making the payment, you should visit any NIMC enrollment center closest to you.
- You should then make a request for a slip reprint and then provide your payment details.
Previous Entry: How To Link NIN To MTN