After eight postponements, the Nigerian government has finally set a deadline for Nigerians to link their NIN to their SIM cards which were March 31, 2022. After the deadline, any sim card that is not linked to their NIN will be blocked. This means that they can no longer use the sim card to make calls or use data services provided by the network.
Linking NIN to MTN sim cards and other networks is a simple process, but still, a lot of mobile users aren’t aware of the process involved in linking NIN to their SIM cards.
We decided to put together this post so that we can guide users on how to link their NIN number to MTN and other mobile networks operating within the country.
MTN has already provided the Shortcodes on their social media profiles on how users can link NIN easily as directed by NCC.
Before you begin linking your NIN to the MTN sim card, you want to make sure that you have your NIMC slip which contains the 11-digit number to be linked to your sim card.
If you don’t have this slip, you can still retrieve the 11-digit NIN number to link it to your MTN mobile sim and other networks.
How To Link NIN To MTN
There are multiple ways you can link your NIN to MTN; The easiest way is through USSD codes, the MTNonline.com website, or you can use the MTN mobile app.
How To Link NIN To MTN Using USSD Code
- You should dial *785# using the MTN sim card you want to link with NIN.
- Then you will be given the option to input your 11-digit NIN number.
- Another option will be to type *785*NIN-Number# and then send. This will immediately add your NIN number without the need to follow instructions.
This is just how simple it is to link to your MTN with a NIN number.
How To Link NIN To MTN With Mtnonline.Com
- Head over to https://nin.mtnonline.com/ using any browser on your device. This is the official link for adding NIN to your MTN sim card, don’t use any other website or URL besides this link.
- You will be presented with fields where you can add your details and NIN number. Fill in the details and click on the submit button.
- You will then receive an OTP to the MTN line you have added.
- You should add the OTP code and then click confirm.
- That’s it; you have now linked the MTN sim card to the NIN number provided. You have to ensure it’s a valid NIN to avoid errors.
How To Link NIN To GLO Mobile Network
- You can link the NIN number to any GLO sim card by sending a message to 109.
- Insert the sim card into your phone.
- Then you compose a new message in this format “UPDATENIN NIN FirstName and LastName.”
- You then send the message to 109.
- You can now link your NIN number to the GLO sim card.
How To Link NIN Number To Airtel Mobile Network
- Insert the Airtel sim card.
- Then you type the shortcode “*121*1#
- You will be given the option to add your NIN number.
- That’s it; the NIN number will be linked to the mobile number.
How To Link NIN Number To 9Mobile
- Insert the sim card and dial “*200*8#.”
- Then you should input the NIN number and send.
- You also visit http://www.9mobile.com.ng/nin to link NIN to your 9Mobile sim card.
Related: How To Retrieve NIN Number