The Federal University of Technology Akure, FUTA Postgraduate Academic Calendar for the First and Second Semester, 2019/2020 Academic Session has been approved by the senate and published online.
The management of the Federal University of Technology, Akure, School of Postgraduate Studies (SPS) has released the postgraduate academic calendar for the first semester and second semester, 2019/2020 academic session.
Recommended: FUTA Postgraduate Admission Form
FUTA Postgraduate Academic Calendar
First Semester Calendar for All Students
- Sun 9th February 2020 – Arrival of Returning Students
- Monday 10th February 2020 – Submission of Annual Progress Report 1st and 2nd Semesters/Registration Begin for Returning Students
- Monday 17th February 2020 – Lecture Begins for Returning Students
- Sunday 23rd February 2020 – Arrival of Fresh Students
- Friday 21st February 2020 – Normal Registration (1st and 2nd Semesters) ends for Returning Students
- Monday 24th February 2020 – Screening/Registration (1st and 2nd Semesters) Begins for Fresh Students
- Monday 24th February 2020 – Late Registration Begins for (1st and 2nd Semesters) Returning Students
- Tuesday 23rd March 2020 – Lectures begins for fresh Students
- Friday 10th April 2020 – Registration (1st and 2nd Semesters) Ends for Returning Students
- Friday 1st May 2020 – Normal Registration Ends for Fresh Students
- Saturday 2nd May 2020 – Late Registration Begins for Fresh Students
- Wednesday 6th May 2020 – Late Registration Ends for Fresh Students
- Thursday 7th May 2020 – Induction/Matriculation Ceremony for Fresh Students
- Thursday 4th June 2020 – Lecture Ends for First Semester 2019/2020 Academic Session for All Students
- Monday 15th June 2020 – First Semester 2019/2020 Academic Session Examination begins for All Postgraduate Students.
- Friday 26th June 2020 – First Semester 2019/2020 Academic Session Examination Ends for All Students.
- Saturday 27th June 2020 – End of First Semester 2019/2020 Academic Session
- Saturday 27th June – 4th July 2020 – Inter Semester Break for Postgraduate Students
NOTE: Returning Ph.D Students are expected to renew their registration according to the month the first registration was done by the Student and Registration Portal is Open throughout the Year for Ph.D students.
Summary for Returning Students
- 15 weeks for Lectures
- 2 weeks for examination
Summary for Fresh Students
- 13 weeks for Lectures
- 2 weeks for examination
- Sunday 5th July 2020 – Arrival of all Students for Second Semester 2019/2020 Academic Session
- Monday 6th July 2020 – Second Semester 2019/2020 Academic Session Begins for All Students
- Friday 16th October 2020 – Second Semester Lecture Ends
- Monday 2nd November 2020 – Second Semester Examination Begins
- Friday 13th November 2020 – Second Semester Examination Ends
- Saturday 14th November 2020 – End of Second Semester for 2019/2020 Session
- 15 weeks for Lecture and 2 weeks for Examinations.
See also: FUTA Academic Calendar
Please share this news with your friends on Twitter & Facebook.