The Big Church Building, Christianity And the Critics, Timothy’s Views on Pastor Eneche’s 100,000 Seats Glory Dome.
Dunamis new church building in Abuja
1. I have never seen Pastor Paul Eneche in life or step my feet in his church. I am not a church-hopper or someone that runs after miracles or servants of God.
2. I live in Abuja where a 100, 000 seater Glory dome built by Dunamis Church pastured by Paul Eneche was dedicated last week. It generated anger and acidic scorns from Nigeria online community who said that the building was a waste of resources. Majority wished he could have used the money to build schools, hospitals and even a factory which they thought would have been more useful to humanity and the society. One Daddy Freeze even wished that the money used in building the church was used in equipping the Nigeria army with weapons to fight terrorists.
3. Though I respect this opinions but I think they are wrong. The Church has the legal and constitutional right to build anything that that will accommodate them. King Solomon built the temple of God with God’s approval and decorated the altars with pure gold and God did not complain but was pleased with it.
4. A church organization is classified Non Government organization meaning that it will not take over the duty of the government since government controls the natural and mineral resources of the country plus taxation and VAT. Government is the one to build schools, hospitals and industries with the money they made. But Churches sometimes intervened and built social institutions to help humanity. Primary school is free in all government schools, the same with the government secondary schools due to government subvention through UBE which Universal Basic Education. Private sectors are the ones building industries because they must run it with capitalist competition and sometimes without ethics and morality.
5. Pastor Eneche was mentored by Bishop Oyedepo of the Living Faith Church Otta. Winner’s chapel as they are called also had a 50, 000 sealer church building. He adopts one church in a city model unlike catholic and Anglicans that run parish and out station model. If Catholic Church is to build a single church for all her members in Anambra or Lagos, do you think a 3 Million seats building will be enough? So Pastor Eneche seems to be copying his mentor’s model.
6. When winner’s chapel was dedicated at Sango Otta, some Nigerians even called for the arrest of Bishop Oyedepo. Today, he has built world class universities, COVENANT AND LANDMARK in Nigeria with world class medical schools and secondary schools. Pastor Paul is still very young both in age and in ministry. He started the Dunnamis Church in Abuja on November 10, 1996. He is only 50 years. I am sure that now there is a benefitting place for his members to worship God, they will also provide social amenities to complement the duties of the government.
Photos from the dedication of Glory Dome, Dunamis’ 100,000 capacity auditorium
The 100,000 capacity worship auditorium of the Dunamis International Christian Center, Abuja was dedicated today, 24th of November, 2018.
The 100,000 capacity Church Auditorium of Dunamis Gospel Centre is believed to be the largest church auditorium in the world.
In attendance were the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, Pastor E. A Adeboye, the general overseer of Living Faith Church, Winners Chapel, Bishop David Oyedepo, former President of Nigeria, Goodluck Jonathan, Nigeria’s number two citizen, Yemi Osinbajo and other highly esteemed men of God including many prominent Nigerians.