ADS: Gain admission into 200 level in any university of your choice with ease. Admission Is 100% Guaranteed. No Jamb | Low Fees
The Delta State University, DELSU postgraduate admission form for the 2019/2020 academic session is now on sale. Interested candidates are welcome to apply for the DELSU PDG Programme. See details below;
Latest Update: The Closing date for the sale and submission of DELSU PGD Form has been extended. (See full details below).
ADMISSION INTO POSTGRADUATE PROGRAMMES OF THE DELTA STATE UNIVERSITY, ABRAKA, FOR THE 2019/2029 ACADEMIC SESSION
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the underlisted Postgraduate programmes leading to the award of Postgraduate Diploma, Professional Masters, Academic Masters and Doctor of Philosophy degrees of the Delta State University, Abraka.
|FACULTY / DEPARTMENT||PROGRAMMES|
|FACULTY OF AGRICULTURE|
|Agricultural Economics & Agricultural Extension||PGD, M.Sc. & Ph.D.|
|Animal Science||PGD, M.Sc. & Ph.D.|
|Fisheries||PGD, M.Sc. & Ph.D|
|Forestry and Wildlife||PGD, M.Sc. & Ph.D|
|Agronomy (i) Crops Science (ii) Crop Protection (iii) Soil Science)||PGD, Professional Master, M.Sc. & Ph.D|
|FACULTY OF ARTS|
Fine and Applied Arts:
|i. Graphics, Ceramics ii. Sculpture and Textile Design||MFA|
|Art History||M.A. & Ph.D.|
|Studio Art: (i) Ceramics ii) Graphics (iii) Sculpture (iv) Painting & Textiles||Ph.D.|
|History||M.A. & Ph.D.|
|Music||PGDM; M.A. & Ph.D.|
|Religious Studies & Philosophy:|
(i) Old Testament
(ii) New Testament
(iii) Church History (iv) ATR (v) Christian Theology
|M.A. & Ph.D.|
|Theatre Arts: Theatre Arts||M.A. & Ph.D|
|Languages & Linguistics: i) French Languages & Linguistics ii) Lit. in French iii) Translation||M.A.|
|FACULTY OF BASIC MEDICAL SCIENCES|
|Physiology||M.Sc. & Ph.D.|
|Anatomy||M.Sc. & Ph.D.|
|FACULTY OF EDUCATION|
|Educational Administration & Policy Studies||M.Ed. & Ph.D.|
|Guidance & Counseling / Measurement & Evaluation.||M.Ed. & Ph.D.|
|Library & Information Science:||PGD, M.Sc. &Ph.D|
|Science Education (i) Biology (ii) Chemistry (iii) Mathematics||M.Ed.|
|Social Science Education:|
|Vocational Education: (i) Agricultural Education (ii) Home Economics||M.Ed. & Ph.D.|
|Technical & Business Education: (i) Industrial Technology Education||M.Sc. (Ed)|
|Human Kinetics & Health Education:|
(i) Human Kinetics Education
ii) Exercise Physiology & Sports Science
(ii) Sports Management/Health Education
|M.Ed. & Ph.D.|
Institute of Education
|(ii) Basic Education||PGDBE|
|(iii) Educational Management||PGDEM|
|FACULTY OF LAW|
|Law||MLD, LL.M. &Ph.D|
|FACULTY OF MANAGEMENT SCIENCES|
|Accounting/Banking & Finance||PGDBF & M.Sc.|
Business Administration & Marketing
|(i) Business Administration||PGD, M.Sc. &Ph.D|
|(ii) Marketing||PGD, M.Sc.|
|FACULTY OF SCIENCE|
|Animal & Environmental Biology:||PGD), M.Sc. &Ph.D|
|Biochemistry;||M.Sc. & Ph.D|
|Chemistry: (i) Analytical/Environmental Chemistry|
(ii) Inorganic Chemistry (iii)Organic Chemistry
(iv) Physical Chemistry (v) Industrial Chemistry
|M.Sc. & Ph.D.|
|Geology: (i) Engineering Geology|
(ii) Environmental Geology (iii) Hydrogeology
(iv) Petroleum Geology (v) Mineral Exploration
|Mathematics: (i) Mathematics (ii) Industrial Mathematics||M.Sc|
|Physics: (i) Geophysics (i) Solid State Physics (iii) Radiation & Health Physics (iv) Theoretical Physics||M.Sc. & Ph.D.|
|Microbiology: (i) Environmental Microbiology (ii) Food and Industrial Microbiology.||M.Sc.|
|FACULTY OF THE SOCIAL SCIENCES|
|A. REGULAR PROGRAMMES|
|Economics||M.Sc. & Ph.D.|
|Geography and Regional Planning||M.Sc. & Ph.D.|
|Political Science||M.Sc. & Ph.D.|
|Sociology||M.Sc. & Ph.D.|
|B. WEEKEND PROGRAMMES|
|Business Administration||PGDBA & MBA|
|Economics||PGDPE & MEPE|
|(i) Post graduate Diploma in Communication Management||PGDCM|
|(ii) Professional Master Degree in Communication Management||MCM|
|Sociology: Master in Crime Control||MCC|
DESLU POSTGRADUATE ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
(A) General Admission Requirements
- Candidates for postgraduate studies must have a degree or its equivalent from a Senate- recognized institution. They must have also obtained at least five (5) credit passes including English Language and Mathematics in WASC, NECO, GCE (Ordinary Level), or NABTEB at not more than two sittings. Pass in English or Mathematics is not acceptable. Also, ACE and TC II are not acceptable. (No equivalent to WASC, NECO, GCE or NABTEB). Please note that there will be no waiver for anybody seeking admission into any of the programmes.
- A candidate applying for Ph.D. in any programme must have obtained at least a weighted average score of 60% overall.
- Candidates applying for academic Master Degree (M.Sc., M.Ed., M.A. and LL.M.)must be holders of bachelor’s degree in the relevant discipline from the Delta State University or any other accredited university with at least “Second Class Honours (Lower Division) degree recognized by Senate
- Candidates applying for professional Master Degree must be holders of Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline from Delta State University, Abraka or any other accredited university with at least a Second Class Honours (Lower Division) degree recognized by Senate or a Higher National Diploma with Upper Credit from a Senate-recognized polytechnic.
- Candidates for Postgraduate Diploma must be holders of a bachelor’s degree in the relevant discipline from the Delta State University or any other accredited university with at least a “Third Class Honours” degree or a HND (Lower Credit) recognized by Senate.
- Candidates for Masters and Ph.D programmes would be required to write a qualifying examination on Saturday, September 7, 2019.
How to Apply for DELSU Postgraduate Admission
Eligible applicants are required to visit the university’s website @ www.delsuonline.com and complete the Delta State University, Abraka 2019/2020 Postgraduate Admission Form online and to also generate an application virtual pin of N31.000.00 (thirty-one thousand naira) only. Sales of forms start on April 02, 2019. Payment should be made at any of the following designated banks:
- Zenith Bank,
- Unity Bank,
- Fidelity Bank.
Note: All applicants must submit photocopies of the following documents:
- 2 Hard copies of downloaded Application Form
- Transcript of all previous qualifications obtained
- WASC; NECO; GCE or NABTEB Certificate (not TC II)
- NYSC Certificate or Exemption or Exclusion Certificate obtained from NYSC Office only
- A 3–5 page research proposal indicating area of research interest (for Ph.D. candidates)
- Candidates are advised to read the instructions on the home page of the Website delsuonline.com before completing the Application Form.
Candidates should submit the hard copies of their applications along with other relevant documents to the Secretary, Postgraduate School, Delta State University, Abraka personally or through courier services on or before August 23, 2019.
List of applicants offered provisional admission into any of the DELSU Postgraduate Programme will be published in the Postgraduate School at Abraka Campus. Screening of provisionally admitted candidates and payment of fees will commence immediately thereafter and end on Monday, September 30, 2019.
Delta State University PG Form Closing Date
The Closing date for the sale of Delta State University, Abraka, DELSU Postgraduate forms is
July 31, 2019. The closing date has been extended to Sunday 15th September, 2019.
See also: DELSU HND to Degree form out
Please share this online using one of our social media buttons, you can find them below, immediately after this post.