What is e-Learning Universities of Nigeria (eLUON)?
One of our readers who participated in the UTME 2013-2014 Examination conducted by Joint Admission and Matriculation Board, (JAMB) received a message from Jamb that he is qualified for admission into The E-Learning Universities Of Nigeria ( Eluon)-b.sc In Economics. Read his question below;
I dont know if anyone who wrote last year JAMB (2013/2014), chose Economics and did not get admission received a text message from JAMB saying he/she is qualified for the e-Learning Universities of Nigeria(eLUON) admission. I received a text and I’m curious. it says “You are qualified for admission into eLearning Degree programme in Econs. Visit www.jamb.org.ng/elearning for more Info.”
Are you among those who receive this message? Below is the full details and yes, it is genuine and authentic, but are you ready for online course? And are you ready to pay the fees? A little detail about the e-learning degree programme tuition fees.
e-learning Degree Programmes In B.sc. Economics Tuition Fee for 2013/2014 Session
Estimated costs for the 2013-2014 academic year (two semesters of full-time enrollment) Federal Universities E-Learning Program Tuition is N200,000. There is a non-refundable enrolment fee of N10,000. Students are expected to be technology savvy, however there is a mandatory training on ‘How to Use a Learning Management System’. The training will be online. Below is a breakdown of 2013/14 expenses:
How To Apply For e-learning Degree Programmes In B.sc. Economics For 2013/2014 Session
We have just been informed that The National Universities commission (NUC) in collaboration with Park Association E-learning Group and partnering with Nigerian Universities is commencing the first major e-learning degree programme in Nigeria.
E-LEARNING DEGREE PROGRAMME IN B.SC. ECONOMICS
What is an online course? Watch here to understand how convenient it is to study online:
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admissions into the four Universities approved to commence E-learning degree programme through the Unified Matriculations Examination (UTME) for the 2013/2014 academic session. The programme is only available for candidates who wish to obtain Bsc. Degree in Economics.
1.0 The programme at the moment is commencing in four Federal Universities namely:
- University of Uyo, Akwa Ibom (UNIUYO)
- Usman Danfodio University Sokoto, Sokoto (UDU)
- University of Maiduguri, Maiduguri (UNIMAID) and
- National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN).
2.0 ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
- Candidates desirous of this placement must have written Economics and Mathematics as examination subjects in the 2013 UTME and obtained a minimum aggregate score of 180.
- UDUS, UNIUYO, NOUN AND UNIMAIDFor admissions into the four Universities namely; University of UYO, Usman Danfodio University of Sokoto, University of Maiduguri and National Open University of Nigeria, candidates must have a minimum UTME aggregate score of 180 and five (5) credit passes in the Senior Secondary Certificate Examination (SSCE) subjects including English, Mathematics and Economics at not more than two (2) sittings.
3.0 HOW TO APPLY
Candidates are to obtain a scratch card from any Zenith Bank Nationwide at the cost of Three Thousand Naira (3,000) and visit JAMB Website www.jamb.org.ng/elearning to fill out the E-learning application form using the scratch card Pin/Serial number and the 2013 UTME registration number and select a university of their choice. Passport photograph and finger prints are no longer required. This can be done at the comfort of their houses.
1. You can find additional information on the e-learning programme website at: www.federaluniversities.com
2. All enquires can be sent to: email@example.com
Important Notice: The e-Learning Universities of Nigeria degree programme is only available for candidates who wish to obtain Bsc. Degree in Economics
Please share this information with our friends on twitter and Facebook. Like us on Facebook for more latest school updates.