WE are using this medium to inform the members of the general public and all the suitably qualified UTME candidates that admission into the Full-Time five(5) years Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech.) Degree Programme in the School of Science Laboratory Technology, University of Port Harcourt is ongoing, with specialization in any of the following options:
(a) Biochemistry & Chemistry Technology
(b) Biomedical Technology
(c) Geology and Mining Technology
(d) Industrial Chemistry & Petrochemical Technology
(e) Microbiology Technology
(f) Physics with Electronics Technology
(g) Physics with Production Technology
All interested and qualified Applicants must have possess the following qualifications:
(i) Five(5) credits in English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology in not more than two(2) sittings in GCE, SSCE, NECO, or NABTEB
(ii) UTME: All candidates who wish to apply for admission must have written the 2013 UTME with a minimum score of 180.
(iii) UTME SUBJECTS.
(a) Biomedical Technology, Biochemistry/Chemistry Technology and Microbiology Technology options: English Language, Biology, Chemistry and Physics or Mathematics,
(b) Geology and Mining Technology, Industrial Chemistry/Petrochemical Technology, Physics with Electronics Technology and Physics with Production Technology options: English language, Mathematics, Chemistry and Physics.
The date for the Screening Exercise is Tuesday, 15th October, 2013. Time is 7.00am prompt.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Candidates should visit any Cyber Café and access the Uniport Website: www.uniport.edu.ng and complete the Application Form for the SSLT screening exercise for 2013/2014 session.
• Candidates’ names on their O’Level Certificates and JAMB Results must be same with what is filled on the SSLT Application Form.
• Mobile phones, walkman, ipod, ipad and similar gadgets are not allowed into the screening venue.
• Candidates must apply within the Registration period as the link for the Application Form will be disabled at midnight on Monday, 15th October, 2013.
• Candidates must report to the Screening Venues by 7.00am.
• Parents and Guardians as well as uninvited security agents will not be allowed into the Campus on the day of the screening exercise.
• Interested candidates should visit the online registration portal at: sslt.uniport.edu.ng to sign up and process application. For enquiries, call any of the following numbers: 08157374445, 08037452992, 08091540628, 08138740076. FINAL DATE FOR PROCESSING OF PHOTOCARD IS MIDNIGHT ON 15th October, 2013.
SIGNED: MATILDA NNODIM (MRS.)
All applicants are urged to wait for the First Merit List for candidates who chose the institution as their 2nd choice.
Also, the school management of Uniport is using this medium to inform all First choice candidates whose names appear on the Uniport 2013/2014 Merit Admission list to proceed with their registration.
To begin your registration, Visit the student portal and sign up @ http://ecampus.uniport.edu.ng/
Trust us to always bring to you, current news from all the universities and Polytechnics in Nigeria. like our page on Facebook.
Please share this info with our friends on twitter and facebook.