The University of Abuja (UNIABUJA) is using this medium to invites Application from suitably qualified candidates for admission into Postgraduate programmes of the University of Abuja for the 2014/2015 academic session leading to the award of Postgraduate Diploma, Masters degree and PhD, as follows;
(1) Faculty of Education
Dept. of Counseling and Educational Psychology
* Master of Education [MEd.] — Educational Psychology
* Master of Education [Guidance & Counseling]
* Master of Philosophy [M.Phil.] — Educational Psychology
* Master of Philosophy [Guidance & Counseling]
* PhD. Educational Psychology
* PhD. Guidance and Counseling
(2) Faculty of Management Sciences.
Department of Accounting
* M.Sc. Accounting & Finance
* Postgraduate Diploma in Accounting Dept. of Business Administration
* Master of Science [M.Sc] in Business Administration
* PhD. Business Administration
(3) Faculty of Social Science
Department of Economics
* Ph.D. Economics
* M.Sc. Economics
* Master in Financial Economics [MFE)
Department of Sociology
* M.Sc.,Ph.D. – Gender Studies
* M.Sc.,Ph.D. – Sociology of Development
* MSc.,Ph.D. – Industrial Sociology
* M.Sc.,Ph.D. – Criminology
* M.Sc.,Ph.D. – Demography
* Postgraduate Diploma in Intercultural Conflicts & Communications
* Postgraduate Diploma in Gender Studies
General Admission Requirements
.A Candidate for postgraduate studies in the University of Abuja must have obtained at least five (5) credits in WASC, NECO, GCE (ordinary level or the equivalents, including English Language and Mathematics).
.Four credits at Ordinary level plus OND (Not pass) NCE, 13MB or Advanced level passes.
.A holder of a Pass (Degree/Diploma) is not qualified for admission into the Postgraduate programme of the University.
.A candidate applying for PhD in any programme of the University of Abuja must have obtained a weighted average score of 60% or letter grade ‘B average in the Master degree.
.A candidate applying for PhD with a Master’s degree from any other University who in his Master’s study has not previously taken the compulsory courses or their equivalents, similar to the ones in the University of Abuja shall on admission be required to offer and pass such courses with a minimum of 60% or letter grade ‘B’.
.To qualify for admission into Postgraduate studies,, the requisite qualification for each programme must have been cleared from either the University of Abuja or any other recognized University.
Application Closing Date
10th June, 2014
Method of Application
Application forms can be purchased from the Gwagwalada branch of the following banks:
1. First Bank,
2. Unity Bank,
3. United Bank for Africa [UBA],
4. Zenith Bank and
5. OceanicBank Plc, at the cost of Ten thousand Five hundred Naira [10,500] each.
Application forms must be completed and submitted to:
University of Abuja,
Main Campus Abuja-Airport road, Gwagwalada (P.M.B 117, Abuja), F.C.T, Abuja.
Note: Interested applicants are advise to ensure that transcripts of their academic records are sent directly to the University within the time stipulated for the receipt of application. The transcripts must indicate the Department/Courses into which admission is being sought. For more information visit the official website of University of Abuja, at www.uniabuja.edu.ng
Please share this information with our friends on twitter and Facebook.