Pre-Degree Admission into Arts, Engineering, Medicine, Pharmacy, Science, and Social Sciences Programmes of the Centre for Continuing Education, Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago-Iwoye has commenced.
The O.O.U Pre-Degree Programme (I) is two-semester each of 15 weeks duration, designed to prepare candidates for admission into degree programmes in all disciplines of the University.
The O.O.U Pre-Degree programme (II) is 10 months intensive coaching designed to prepare candidates for A/Level in WASC and Cambridge as well as IJMB examinations for admissions into Direct Entry in any University.
Admission Requirements Into OOU Pre-Degree Programme
Applicants for admission into the Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago-Iwoye Pre-Degree Programme [I] are expected to have a minimum of five O’Level credits at one or two sittings, including English Language; Credit in Mathematics and three other Science subjects for all Science based courses; Credit in Mathematics and three other Social Science subjects for all Social Science based courses and Credit in four Arts subjects for all Arts based courses.
* Applicants without complete O/Level credits are encouraged to take advantage of the programme, however, such candidates MUST complete their O’Level before they will be admitted.
* Applicants for admission into Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago-Iwoye Pre-Degree Programme [II] are expected to have completed O/Level results and are expected to sit for A/Level WASC, A/Level Cambridge & IJMB Examinations.
Note: Candidates awaiting O’Level results may apply but will be considered only if the result arrives early enough.
* All candidates will be expected to pay for their external examinations as at when due, as the tuition fees are exclusive of external examination fees such as UTME, IJMB, A/LEVEL WASC and A/Level Cambridge.
PROSPECTS FOR ADMISSION INTO DEGREE PROGRAMMES
Admission into the degree programmes of the Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago-Iwoye is based strictly on entry requirements and in proportion to the admission quota for various Faculties/Colleges in the University.
Candidates for admission into Year One (I) of the relevant degree programmes of the University must satisfactorily pass their pre-degree programme examinations and satisfy the minimum matriculation requirements for pursuing degree program in Nigerian Universities.
*** Candidates have the advantage of applying into any University of their choice and may not sit for OOU Post-UTME.
List of Courses under Pre-Degree Programme:
ARTS AND LAW OPTIONS
BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES OPTIONS
PHYSICAL SCIENCES OPTIONS
SOCIAL & MANAGEMENT SCIENCES OPTIONS
English & Performing Arts:
(a) English Option
(b) Performing Arts Option
(a) Agric Economics
(b) Agric/Farm Mgt
(c) Agric Extension & Rural Sociology
(d) Animal Production
(e) Soil Sciences
(f) Home & Hotel Mgt
Education Social Sciences (combined Honours)
History (Combined Honours)
Accounting, Banking and Finance
Nigerian & Foreign Languages:
(a) Christian Religious Studies
(b) Islamic Religious Studies
(c) Religious & Science
(d) History and Diplomatic Studies
Physics & Electronics
Geography and Regional Planning (Social Science)
(a) Transport Planning and Management
(b) Industrial and Labour Relations
Geography and Regional Planning (Science)
MODE OF OBTAINING APPLICATION FORMS
Application forms can be obtained through the purchase of scratch card from:
1. Centre for Continuing Education, Olabisi Onabanjo University, Mini Campus, Ago-Iwoye with payment of Eight Thousand Naira (N8,000.00) through Point of Sale Machine (POS) with Automated Teller Machine (ATM).
2. Any branch of the following Banks:
*.OOU Microfinance Bank
3. Application Forms are also sold at the rate of Eight Thousand Naira (N8,000.00) at the following designated Sales Centres:
*.Rapid Investments Ltd. – 54 Queen Street, Alagomeji Yaba, Lagos – 08033217148/08030903285.
*.Dulek Educational Support Services – 109, Oba Adeboye Road, Ijebu-Igbo – 08055150567.
*.Aiyetoro College of Agricultural Science, Aiyetoro Campus – 08060685005.
*.Update Ventures – 37 Soetan Street, Ifako Agege, 27 Kayode Street, Onipanu, Lago – 08054637247.
4. Log-on to Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago-Iwoye website: www.oouagoiwoye.edu.ng to complete your admission process.
For further information, please contact the following numbers: 08055268529, 08055214161.
Please share this information with our friends on twitter and Facebook.