OBAFEMI AWOLOWO UNIVERSITY (OAU)

Breaking: OAU Female hostel gutted by fire on 18th December, 2014!


Gain Admission with IJMB to 200 level any university of your choice. Call 07065362468 / 07051405071 For More Info visit: www.de-wiseconsult.com/

LATEST information reaching us has it that one of the female hostels at Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife in Osun state, Moremi Hall, was gutted by fire this morning December 18th. According to reports, the fire started from an electric spark from a hotplate in one of the rooms in the hostel. Nigeriaschool.com.ng

From the photo above, you can see that the destruction is very much, we just hope that nobody lost their lives in the fire.
This is why all schools don’t allow hotplate (electric stoves) in hostels.

Update: We have a student of Obafemi Awolowo University who contact us via our facebook page and here is her reply.

Am an OAU student, and I live in Moremi hall. No life was lost, no injuries, only loss of every property in the room. None was recoverable. And it was not an hotplate. No one us sure of what started it exactly even the room owners; but there was no hotplate, QED.


Leave a Comment