We are using this medium to inform the general public that Registration for Nigerian Navy Basic Training Batches 23 and 24 has commenced and the form is going to be on until 7th December 2012.
Read the full article below.
/Disclaimer/ The article below is originally published on the Nigerian Navy Website at http://nigeriannavy.gov.ng, we are republishing the guide here for interested persons./Disclaimer/
Registration for Nigerian Navy basic training batches 23 and 24 started on the 29th of October2012 and will end on the 7th of December 2012.
Application is accepted from any suitably qualified Nigerian from any state in the country.
APPLICATION GUIDELINES FOR RECRUITMENT INTO THE NIGERIAN NAVY BASIC TRAINING SCHOOL
(NNBTS BATCHES 23 AND 24)
CANDIDATES ARE ADVISED TO READ THESE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE COMPLETING THE APPLICATION
1. Candidates should possess any of the following educational and/Professional qualifications (see Guide to Candidates on Educational Requirements for Entry Category):
a) West African School Certificate/Senior Secondary School Certificate.
b) General Certificate of Education Ordinary Level.
c) WAEC City and Guilds or London City and Guild.
d) Ordinary National Diploma (OND).
e) Any other educational qualification equivalent to thosementioned above.
f) All candidates must produce their primary school leaving certificate.
g) Candidates are to note thatentry requirement into the following categories is SSCE or equivalent: B1, B2, B3, B4, B5 C1, D1, D2, D4, D5, D6, E1, E2, E3, E4, F1, G, H. Any other additional qualifications in these categories can only serve as an added advantage for selection into the branch and not for advancement. See the guide for details.
2. Any candidate possessing higher educational/professional qualification, i.e. HND, BA,/BSC etc other than those stated in paragraph 1 (a-g) should not apply. Candidates are therefore warned that it is an offence to declare false education/professional qualification. This attracts outright withdrawal or dismissal.
3. Any certificate or qualification not declared or tendered and accepted during the recruitment exercise is not acceptable after recruitment and cannot be tendered for the purpose of change of branch or advancement while inthe Naval service. Only qualifications obtained through proper service provisions are tenable after joining.
4. Applicants must be between the age of 18 – 21 years at the time of entry into the Training school for school certificate holders, while age 24years of age is the acceptable limit for those with higher qualifications e.g. Nurses, NCE etc.
5. Applicants must not be married.
6. Candidate is required to print out Parent/Guardian consent Form and Local Government attestation form.
7. Applicants must be of Nigerian origin by birth.
8. Candidates with any of the following problems are NOT to apply: short sight, ear problem,previous orthopedic operation, flatfoot, below the required height, fracture, stammering, or any natural disability.
9. Applicants must be free from any previous conviction by court of law on criminal charges.
10. Applicants must come to the recruitment centres with the following documents.
a) Photocopies of Birth Certificate or Age Declaration.
b) Photocopies of Credentials.
c) Duly completed identification form to be signed by Chairman or Secretary of the candidate’s LGA or by an officer of the rank of Commander, Chief Superintendent of Police (CSP) or Equivalent from candidate’s State of Origin.
d) Duly completed Parent Consent form to be signed by Candidate’s Parent or Guardian.
e) Four passport photographs duly signed and stamped by (C)above
f) Candidates are advised to bring the scratch cards of their NECO AND WAEC results to the recruitment centres.
11. The completed application form is to be submitted online.
12. Candidates will be required to produce original of all copies of credentials listed in paragraph 1 before recruitment.
13. Any candidate suspected to have impersonated, forged or submitted false document(s) shall be disqualified from the recruitment exercise. Such candidate shall also be handed over to the police for prosecution.
14. The period of recruitment is 4th of February 2013 to 10th of February 2013
15. COMPUTER LITERACY IS AN ADDED ADVANTAGE FOR ALL CANDIDATES.
RECRUITMENT CENTRES FOR NNBTS BATCHES 23 AND 24.
SN State of Origin Zonal Recruitment Centre
1 Lagos & Ogun NNS QUORRA, Naval Base Apapa LAGOS
2 Osun & Oyo HQ 2 Mech Div, Nigerian Army IBADAN
3 Ekiti & Ondo 323 Artilery Regiment AKURE
4 Delta NNS DELTA, Naval Base WARRI
5 Edo 4 Infantry Brigade, Benin
6 Abia & Imo Nigerian Navy Finance and Logistics School OWERRINTA
7 Bayelsa & Rivers NNBTS, Onne PORT HARCOURT
8 Anambra 302 Field Arty Regt, Nigerian Army Onitsha
9 Enugu & Ebonyi HQ, 82 Division Nigerian Army ENUGU
10 Benue 72 Paratrooper BN Nigerian Army MAKURDI
11 Bauchi & Gombe Nigerian Army Armour Centre, BAUCHI
12 Plateau & Nassarawa 177 BN Nigerian Army, Keffi
13 Niger & FCT Naval Unit Mogadishu Barracks, Abuja
14 Kaduna Nigerian Air Force Base, KADUNA
15 Borno & Yobe 21 Armoured Brigade, MAIDUGURI
16 Adamawa & Taraba 23 Armoured Brigade YOLA
17 Katsina & Zamfara 35 Infantry BN, Katsina
18 Kano & Jigawa Nigerian Air Force Base, KANO
19 Akwa-Ibom & Cross River NNS VICTORY, Naval Base CALABAR
20 Kogi and Kwara Nigerian Navy School of Health Sciences (NNSHS) – OFFA
21 Sokoto & Kebbi 26 Motorized BN, SOKOTO
NB: Candidates are to choose the zonal recruitment centres corresponding to their state of origin for the recruitment exercise.
Please share this information with our friends on twitter and facebook.