FG has Approves the Establishment of 8 New Private Universities in Nigeria.
Latest report reaching us here at nigeriaschool.com.ng has it that the Federal Government has approved the establishment of 8 private universities in the country.
The approval came during the FEC (Federal Executive Council) meeting at the presidential villa following recommendation by the National Universities Commission, (NUC).
Names of the 8 Approved Private Universities
The eight approved universities include;
1. Anchor University, Ayobo, Lagos;
2. Arthur Jarvis Akpabuyo University, Calabar, Cross River;
3. Clifford University, Owerinta, Abia;
4. Coal City University, Enugu;
5. Crown Hill University, Kwara;
6. Dominican University, Ibadan, Oyo;
7. Kola Daisy University, also in Ibadan; and
8. Legacy University, Okija, Anambra State.
The universities which have been given 3 years provisional licenses will be mentored by older universities.
Anchor University will be mentored by the University of Lagos, Jarvis University by the University of Calabar and Clifford University by the University of Agriculture, Umudike.
Coal city University will be mentored by the University of Nigeria Nsukka; Crown Hill University by the University of Ilorin; while the two new universities in Oyo State, Kola Daisy and Dominican universities, will be mentored by the University of Ibadan.
Legacy University, Okija, will be mentored by the Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka.