THE school management of Delta State University, Delsu, has released the proposed academic calendar of the for the 2016/2017 academic session.
We are using this platform to inform the staff, students and members of the Delta State University community that the school Senate at its 146th Regular meeting held on Wednesday, June 22nd, 2016 considered among other issues the 2016/2017 Academic Calendar and approved as follows:
DELSU First Semester Academic Calendar
* Sunday, October 9, 2016: Old/Fresh students return to Campus
* Monday, October 10 – Friday, October 14, 2016: Screening/Medicals of Fresh students begins.
* Monday, October 17, 2016: Registration for Old/Fresh students begins.
* Wednesday, October 19 – Friday, October 21, 2016: Orientation for Fresh students.
* Monday, October 24, 2016: Lecture for Old/Fresh students begins.
* Friday, November 11, 2016: Registration of Old/Fresh students ends.
* Monday, November 14 – Friday December 2, 2016: Late Registration of students (Penalty fees for late registration must be paid).
* Friday, December 2, 2016: Last day for add and delete.
* Saturday, December 10, 2016: Matriculation of fresh students.
* Wednesday, December 21, 2016 – Monday, January 2, 2017: Christmas break.
* Tuesday, January 3, 2017: All students return to Campus.
* Friday, January 27, 2017: Temporary withdrawal/Deferment of Studies end.
* Friday, January 27, 2017: Lectures end.
* Monday, February 6, 2017: First semester exams begin.
* Friday, February 24, 2017: End of First semester exams.
* Saturday, February 25, – Saturday 11th March, 2017: First semester break.
* Monday, March 13 – Friday, March 17, 2017: Uploading and release of all First semester results by Faculties.
* Wednesday March 29, 2017: Senate considers First semester results.
* Sunday, March 12, 2017: All students return to Campus
* Monday, March 13, 2017: Lectures begin.
* Friday, June 16, 2017: Submission of all Final Year undergraduate projects to HODs.
* Friday, June 16, 2017: Lectures end.
* Monday, June 19, 2017: Second Semester exams begin.
* Friday, June 30, 2017: Second semester exams end.
* Saturday, July 1, – Saturday 23rd September, 2017: Long vacation (12 weeks).
* Monday, July 17, – Friday, July 21, 2017: Upload and release of all results.
* Wednesday, July 26, 2017: Senate consideration of all results (2016/2017).
* Sunday, September 24, 2017: 2017/2018 Academic session begins, as students return to Campus.
DELSU Acceptance Fee Payment
The school management has released the guideline for Delta State University, Abraka, Acceptance fee payment and Screening exercise for successfully admitted candidates. For those who are admitted, please see the Delsu Acceptance & Screening Details Here.
Please click on the twitter and Facebook like button to share this info with your friends.